We’ve all been there. The alarm clock didn’t go off, kids won’t get out of bed and you’ve got a last-minute 9 a.m. presentation. Mornings can be stressful and making time to eat a well-rounded breakfast on weekdays can be a serious challenge. Don’t let the most important meal of the day get lost in the shuffle. Here are five simple breakfast ideas to prepare either the night before you expect a busy morning or on the morning of, when you have only a few things on hand.
- Apples & Nut Butter: Who says this typical afternoon snack is just for kids? One tablespoon of any nut butter of your choice (almond, sunflower seed, cashew, or peanut butter) and one medium apple will give you four grams of protein at less than 200 calories. Add granola for a little extra crunch and staying power.
- Shaklee 180 Meal-in-a-Bar: How many of us reach for a bar when we’re running out the door? But what’s actually in those bars? Shaklee 180 Meal-in-a-Bar stands out from the rest. Delicious and convenient, each bar is packed with 18-20 grams of protein and 6-7 grams of fiber to keep you feeling full, along with vitamins, minerals, non-GMO soy protein, and no added artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives added. Shaklee 180 Meal-in-a-Bar comes in three flavors and is powered by the amino acid, Leucine to help you retain lean muscle while you lose weight.
- Overnight Oats: An easy-to-prep breakfast! All you have to do is throw all of your overnight oatmeal ingredients into a meal prep container, mix, and let stand for at least two hours. Here are a few of our favorite recipes. We love to make a couple of different kinds of overnight oats and keep them in the fridge for an easy breakfast for the week that anyone in the family can grab.
- Smoothie with Shaklee Life Shake Plant Protein: Life Shake contains 20 grams of non-GMO protein and zero added sugar. Made with pea protein plus a proprietary blend of organic chia and organic pumpkin protein, Shaklee Life Shake supports energy, satiety and healthy weight while providing the essential vitamins and minerals to support overall health. See our favorite smoothie recipes featuring Life Shake here.
- Chia Breakfast Pudding: Rich in micronutrients, high in essential fatty acids and amino acids, chia seed pudding is the ideal breakfast addition. All you have to do is combine chia seeds, your chosen milk option, and your favorite all-natural sweetener in a meal-prep container and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Check out a few recipes here.
You’ve heard it a million times. Breakfast is such an important meal. Think of breakfast as an opportunity to celebrate the arrival of a new day, even when you’re busy. When you start your day off with a healthy, protein-filled breakfast, you are setting yourself up to continue making healthy choices throughout the rest of the day. All it takes is a little awareness and planning. You got this.