Food just tastes better when it’s made with love, nutritious ingredients, and served beautifully. This June, we invited a few media friends to a summer soirée in Nantucket to celebrate health and good food. We collaborated with the amazing Chef Maggie Hediger on creating four easy, healthy recipes for a Wellness Within Breakfast that anyone can make at home, too. A delicious and nutritious start to any morning! Of course, breakfast ended with a shot of Vivix.
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup oats
- 5 cups water
- 1 scoop Shaklee Rich Chocoalte Life Shake
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 4 scoops Shaklee Collagen-9
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. Eat cold, or simmer in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon water for ~5 minutes.
Sweet Potato Chia Parfait
Sweet Potato Custard Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 scoop French Vanilla Life Shake
- 4 scoop Collagen-9
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Chia Apple Topping Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon chia
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- Toasted almonds
- Peel and cut the sweet potato in half length-wise. Place on a baking sheet, cut side down, and roast for 20 min at 400F. Check for doneness- the potato should be soft when you poke with your finger.
- While that’s cooking… mix chia seeds with 1 cup coconut water and diced apples. Let sit, ideally overnight.
- Transfer the sweet potato to a blender with Life Shake, Collagen, 1/2 cup of coconut water, and cinnamon. Blend into a nice custard-like purée.
- Distribute sweet potato custard into 2 dishes and top with chia mixture. Top with toasted almonds before serving. Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Green Lady Smoothie
- 2 large handfuls of spinach or kale
- 1 cup frozen honeydew or canteloupe
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 scoops French Vanilla Life Shake
- 4 scoops Collagen-9
- Water (start with 1 cup)
Blend until smooth, adding water as needed for desired consistency.
Berry Coconut Colada
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat, in a can)
- 1 stick Raspberry Sustained Energy Boost
- 2 c. frozen strawberries
- 8 scoops Collagen-9
- 2 cup water
Blend until smooth. Serve over ice. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.