When you think of a detox, the first things that may come to mind are cleansing, weight loss, and getting all the bad stuff out of the body. But did you know that the biggest organ of your body, your skin, can get physical and visible benefits from a detox? Dull or irritated skin can come from an unhealthy diet or dirt, pollutants, and chemicals building up on the skin. Thankfully, there are ways to detox your skin from both the inside and the outside.
What is skin detoxification?
When you detox your skin, you remove impurities, pollutants, and dead skin cells to help renew and revitalize your skin. As a result, your skin can function normally as well as look and feel better. And, a good skin detox can help you reduce, redness, dryness, and flakiness! So, let’s go over a few ways you can do a skin detox!
How to give your skin a detox
There are a few ways you can naturally detox your skin through either your diet or your skin care routine.
- Cleanse your skin morning and night. Wash your face morning and night with a gentle cleanser to get rid of dirt or other substances that can block or clog your pores.
- Try a facial mask. A mask can help your skin detoxify by drawing to the surface and eliminating impurities. You can either make your own or try YOUTH® Purifying Clay Mask to naturally detoxify and purify your skin.
- Hydrate your skin. Indulge your skin with deep, soothing moisture for refreshed, hydrated skin with YOUTH® Hydrating Gel Mask. This gold gel is packed with hyaluronic acid, aloe leaf juice, and a multiherbal blend that gives instant and long-lasting moisture. Properly hydrated skin not only helps to get rid of impurities but also allows the skin to better absorb moisturizers, serums, and other facial treatments.
- Watch your diet. Stay away from oily, cheesy and fried foods, and added sugars that can contribute to dull skin and clogged pores. Instead, opt for fresh veggies and fruits and food with alkaline minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium to keep skin strong.
- Get some probiotics. Probiotics from food or supplements help to add healthy bacteria to your gut and build up your immune system, and a healthy immune system is crucial to getting impurities out of your body and out of your skin.
The next time you want to try a detox, keep your skin in mind. And no matter how you detox your skin, we promise you’ll love the results.