Keeping your immune system strong is a top priority nowadays. But one of the simplest ways of supporting your immune system is making sure that you’re getting the powerhouse nutrients to support it. These are the key nutrients your immune system needs and how you can make sure you’re getting them.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that supports immune function by maintaining your body’s natural antioxidant defense against cell damage. C also has a key role in maintaining tooth, gum, bone, muscle, and blood vessel health.
- Vitamin D is known as the “sunshine vitamin” because it can be made in your skin through sun exposure. D plays a vital role in your immunity, heart health, calcium absorption, and bone strength.
- Zinc is an essential mineral that helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses. It also works as a trigger for over 200 different enzymes that are present in virtually every cell of your body and are vital to supporting your immune function, energy production, healthy metabolism, and more.
- In addition to the nutrients above, vitamins B6, B12, and E, folic acid, and selenium help support your immune health at the cellular level.
Where can you get these nutrients?
- In your diet. The easiest way to make sure your diet has these nutrients is to eat a lot of colorful vegetables and fruits. Dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, mustard greens, and collard greens are great sources of vitamins B, C, and E and folic acid. Citrus fruits, strawberries, papaya, bell peppers, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts are high in vitamin C. And while you do get vitamin D from sun exposure, it isn’t nearly enough. Vitamin D can also be found in fish, eggs, dairy, or fortified foods. Zinc is mainly found in red meat or poultry, and selenium can be found in whole grain and dairy products.
- It’s nearly impossible to get enough of these essential nutrients from diet alone, so nutritional supplements are a great addition if you want to support your immune system. The good news is that supplements don’t always need to be pills! Triple Defense Boost is a drink mix that supercharges your immunity with a combination of three immune-fueling blends including vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc.* Another great option is Chewable Vita-C®, a tasty lemon cream-flavored chewable tablet with 250 mg of vitamin C.
Make sure you’re getting these powerhouse nutrients in your diet and supplementation. They’ll do wonders in helping you keep your immune system in tip-top shape.*
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|