When most people think of aging, they tend to focus on how they look. This is why many anti-aging solutions focus on fine lines, wrinkles, and the overall appearance of your skin. These are the effects of aging that are most noticeable. But aging isn’t just skin deep. Aging happens to all of us, and it starts on the inside with our cells. This is why Shaklee has developed Vivix® with key ingredients designed to help protect and repair DNA to Slow Aging at the Cellular Level®*. Before we get into the science behind Vivix, let’s talk about how cellular aging happens and why it’s so important to address.
How Does Cellular Aging Happen?
The aging process starts in your cells, where damage gradually accumulates over time. While the effects of aging may not be immediate, the ongoing accumulation of cellular damage eventually manifests throughout your entire body. So, when your cells age, you age. Harmful external factors and everyday cellular processes create reactive molecules called free radicals. When free radicals accumulate faster than our bodies can neutralize them, they cause oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can harm your cells. It can harm essential cellular components, including your DNA and mitochondria, and also contribute to the formation of advanced glycation end product (AGE) proteins. This cumulative impact triggers a chain reaction, with cells producing more free radicals, thereby accelerating cellular damage and cellular aging. While it’s not possible to completely stop cellular aging, you can help slow it with Vivix.* Shaklee scientists created a highly concentrated blend of polyphenols capable of defending cells from internal and external attacks by neutralizing free radicals, reducing oxidative stress, and blunting the inflammatory response in healthy people to a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal. Unmatched in its potency and anti-aging benefits, this unique blend of ingredients in Vivix is scientifically proven to Slow Aging at the Cellular Level®, as evidenced by less DNA damage, denser and more functional mitochondria, increased cellular energy production, and the presence of fewer AGE proteins.*
Anti-Aging at the Cellular Level*
Vivix® is formulated to Slow Aging at the Cellular Level® by targeting the key factors that cause it.* Derived from the world’s most potent source of polyphenols, the muscadine grape, the key ingredients in Vivix are scientifically proven to keep your cells young so you can live younger longer.*
How Vivix Keeps Your Cells Young*
Let’s look at the science behind Vivix. The key ingredients in Vivix are shown to:
- Protect DNA from Damage* DNA damage is a significant driver of the aging process. As we age, our cells accumulate DNA damage, which can lead to disruptions in cellular function. While cells do possess mechanisms to repair damaged DNA, the body’s ability to repair DNA damage becomes less efficient as we age, further contributing to the accumulation of damage.Key ingredients in Vivix have been shown in laboratory studies to protect DNA from damage.* Cells that received Vivix ingredient application have shown significantly less DNA damage than cells without Vivix ingredient application.
- Protect Against Oxidative Stress and Neutralize Free Radicals* Oxidative stress occurs when there’s an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in the body. This can result in damage to cells and tissues and is a key component of the normal aging process. The best way to reduce oxidative stress is to neutralize free radicals. And the best way to neutralize free radicals is to mitigate those external factors and ensure that your body is getting a steady supply of high-quality antioxidants each day.
The ingredients in Vivix help restore the balance between free radicals and antioxidants.* In laboratory studies, these ingredients have been shown to activate antioxidant defenses and neutralize free radicals.* Antioxidant activity, antioxidant defenses, and the neutralization of free radicals all contribute to a reduction of oxidative stress.
- Blunt Inflammatory Response*† Inflammation is a natural reaction in the body. Inflammation can perpetuate oxidative stress, which contributes to cellular damage and cellular aging. High-fat, high-carb meals and unhealthy dietary patterns can lead to normal inflammation. In a clinical study, Vivix was shown to blunt the inflammatory response in healthy people to a high-fat, high-carb meal.*1
- Reduce Formation of Damaging AGE Proteins* Advanced glycation end products (AGE) are proteins or lipids that become glycated and oxidized after exposure to sugars. AGE proteins accumulate in our tissues as we age and are thought to contribute to the aging process and age-related conditions. AGE proteins are formed when sugars, such as glucose or fructose, react with proteins or lipids in a process known as glycation. This reaction can occur spontaneously but is accelerated by oxidative stress. AGE proteins can also induce oxidative stress by increasing the production of free radicals in our cells, perpetuating a cycle of damage and impaired cellular function. Key ingredients in Vivix have been shown in laboratory studies to reduce the formation of AGE proteins.* Cells that received Vivix ingredient application reduced the formation of AGE proteins 13x more than cells that received resveratrol application alone.2
- Boost Cellular Energy Production* The mitochondria are the powerhouses of the cell. They fuel all the functions a cell needs to perform in order to remain healthy, which in turn powers our bodies as a whole. As we age, the number, density, and function of our mitochondria decline. This decline can lead to a decrease in energy production and impaired cellular function. While we can’t completely stop the erosion of mitochondrial function due to the passing of time, we can slow the process by neutralizing the free radicals that cause oxidative stress. The polyphenols and antioxidants from muscadine grapes in Vivix have been shown to reduce oxidative stress, which helps prevent damage to the mitochondria and slow the reactive oxygen feedback loop.* But it doesn’t stop there. In laboratory studies, key ingredients in Vivix have been shown to increase mitochondrial density, improve mitochondrial function, and boost cellular energy production.*
- Lower Telomere-Shortening Rate3 Telomeres are the protective caps on the ends of our chromosomes that contain our DNA. As we age, our telomeres gradually shorten, and shorter telomeres are strongly correlated with various health issues. Slowing telomere shortening, therefore, may support a longer, healthier life.* In a published study, adults who took Vivix and other Shaklee supplements had a 57% lower rate of telomere shortening compared to a healthy control group.3
When to Start Taking Vivix
Because cellular aging affects everyone, there’s no better time than now to start taking Vivix. Vivix is designed for anyone over 18 years old who cares about healthy aging and well-being. It also comes in three different form factors depending on your needs or preferences.
All the Benefits in the Form of Your Choice
- Vivix Liquid This is the original form factor and perfect for those who may have trouble swallowing supplements. Shake well before use and take 1 teaspoon daily with a meal. This liquid supplement must be refrigerated after opening.
- Vivix Liquid Gels Liquid gels make it easy to take your daily dose of Vivix wherever you go. You can take two liquid gels daily with a meal, and no refrigeration is required.
- Vivix Gummies Meet our first-ever anti-aging gummies.* Three of these tasty gummies have all your daily Vivix benefits. Vivix Gummies also features more sustainable packaging with a refillable glass jar. After your first purchase, you can order refill pouches every time you need more Vivix Gummies. This is part of our sustainability goals to incorporate more reusable and refillable packaging solutions with our products.
Upcycled from the Source
The nutrition powerhouse behind Vivix is the muscadine grape. Their skin, seeds, and pulp are all extremely rich in a potent mix of polyphenols, the natural antioxidants capable of neutralizing the harmful molecules that damage cells and contribute to cellular aging. The muscadine grapes are grown on a multigenerational farm in southern Georgia. At first, the grapes were grown only for juice and wine. When scientists discovered that the leftover pomace is rich in antioxidants, we partnered with the farm to utilize everything this rare and potent fruit has to offer. After the grapes are harvested and processed to make juice and wine, the leftover muscadine seeds, skin, and pulp are sent to our lab. We extract the purest form of the grape’s complex polyphenols, and the distilled extract powers Vivix to help you live younger longer.*
Welcome to Ageless
While it’s not possible to completely stop cellular aging, you can help slow it with Vivix.* Try the new Vivix Gummies today.
DISCLAIMERS: *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. †Shown in a clinical study to blunt the inflammatory response in healthy people to a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal.
- Ghanim, H. et al. A resveratrol and polyphenol preparation suppresses oxidative and inflammatory stress response to a high-fat, high-carbohydrate meal. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96(5):1409-1414, 2011
- Fisher, L., T. Ianiro, F. Lau, H. Wang and B. Daggy: Synergistic effects of phenolic mixtures in human cell models of aging. Experimental Biology 2015, Boston, Massachusetts, March 28-April 1, 2015. FASEB Journal 29:608.36, 2015.
- Wang et al., Telomere Length of Multiple Dietary Supplement Users – A Cross-sectional Study in Comparison with Age-matched Controls. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 2018; 6(5): 129-134.